This blog has seen a lot of changes over the past two years. I have moved from a blogger.com blog to MovableType and then going to B2E.. .and finally here at Drupal..
When I called Drupal my home, I tested and checked out each and every module I possibly could. Now, at this moment I have so many modules and functionality that it is truly amazing that someone who is a tech challenged non-programming fellow – could get all this together!!
The features …
Here are some of the features of this site:
– Several content types: Blogs, Recipes, Movie Reviews, Book Reviews, Quotes, etc.
– I have created “Yahoo Groups”-like functionality
– We can include Amazon product links and images in the posts of any content type
– We can include different links and pages from anywhere on the web as “Related Links” within a post
– The Quotes are of different categories: Historical Trivia, Facts and Figures, and the Random Quotes. They all change to something else in the table after every refresh!
– Ablity to create new blocks in the sidebar.
and today I put in another one – called Sidenotes! It is kinda neat thing if you want to add what some people call “Asides”
Journey of the URL…
I feel performance has been hurt a bit.. but the stuff here now looks powerful! One day I want to arrange everything to look like a regular newspaper site… and maybe have more people write on this rather than just me all the time!
So if you want to write blogs or anything else.. please feel free to do so!
And by the way, the RSS subscribers on Drishtikone have just.. like JUST.. touched 374 – one short of 375! Man, readership has come a loooong way on this site!
I also intend to start doing podcasts soon.. if I can find something to talk about 🙂 otherwise do not want to bore everyone here!!
And hey people OUT there.. once in a while.. do let me know what you think of the stuff here.. It is good to receive feedback too! 🙂
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.