FInd below great 10 points on how to be an inspiration in life to others from ManagementCraft.
I believe that to be a good person, truthful and humane are important part of being an inspiration to others. People at work life visionary people who have the courage to stand by their thoughts and words. Every manager ought to be able to see the world from other’s standpoint without the noise of his/he own thoughts muddling the view!
1. Be a role model of courage. When our managers demonstrate courage, this will inspire us to do the same and we will respect them all the more.
2. Take a stand. Share your perspective and be open. The most inspiring leaders have a strong vision for how things ought to be.
3. Reject politics! Many of us are sick of politics and would gladly follow and respect leaders who rejected the mucky muck – even if we do not agree with him or her all the time. The wishy washy spin speak is nauseating.
4. Listen more, speak less. Show your employees that you value input and collaboration. This applies to your team members and peers – show them you respect and include your peers.
5. Beat your goals and don’t rest until you do. Managers who are OK with mediocre performance (even if they can make the case that it’s not their fault) are uninspiring. People want to work for successful leaders.
6. Spend time in their shoes. In fact, swap places with your employees every now and then. Show them you want to understand what their world looks and feel like. Bonus: You will learn tons!
7. Reject over the top perks. OK, so you earned the promotion. Don’t flaunt your trappings and take a stand to reject perks that separate you from your team. Think about how you felt when you were in their positions. Try to spread the wealth on great experiences like conferences, trainings, product offerings, and other perks.
8. Represent your employee’s needs to senior management and with your peers. Take the initiative to make things better. Wow, that will speak volumes about your intention to serve them and this is very inspiring.
9. Be the best expression of your unique style. We are all different, so don’t turn into a corporate clone. That said, be the classiest version of you possible. Like a fine grape varietal, be the fullest expression of you.
10. Be inspired by others. Share your role models and why they inspire you.