In my last post on cricket, while speculating on Bob Woolmer’s death, I had mentioned that I cannot believe that he was taking drugs or into alcohol abuse.. so there must be something fishy. Well, I was wrong and I should just say as it is. He was infact into drugs and alcohol and that might have caused his death!
An ‘accidental drug and alcohol overdose’ coupled with stress may have been the reasons behind Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer’s sudden death, a British newspaper reported on Monday.
According to ‘The Mirror’, Woolmer was suspected to have died of an "overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol."
The tabloid reported that the police in Jamaica, where the player-turned-coach died under mysterious circumstances on Sunday, were investigating the angle.
The 58-year-old coach was declared brought dead to hospital, little over an hour after he was found unconscious in his hotel room.
Woolmer was a diabetic patient and had breathing problems as well. He was under severe pressure after Pakistan crashed out of the World Cup following successive losses to hosts West Indies and minnows Ireland.
Powered by Qumana
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.