Papal authorities in Vatican are concentrating on new stuff – Driving! They say it takes a lot of lives and so is a concern.. and also that Bible had a lot of people "on the move" like Mary and Joseph – Jesus’ parents. So, Vatican’s office of migrants and itinerant people feels it is obliged – and has authority over – the people "on the move". Hence, it came out with "Ten Commandments of Driving!"
So, here are the ten commandments:
1. You shall not kill.
2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
6. Charitably convince the young and not so young not to drive when they are not in a fitting condition to do so.
7. Support the families of accident victims.
8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
10. Feel responsible toward others.
Powered by Qumana
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.