Prashant Tamang is the new Indian Idol!

Finally a Nepalese boy is the Indian Idol! 🙂 Prashant Tamang has won the finals. What an irony! Even more amazing and satisfying for me – Indian Idol was an ALL NORTH-EAST affair!! The central/northern/western/southern Indians were pushed out by these two gutsy and melodious guys – friends of each other.. and very competitive indeed!

The region which has been marginalized by the rest of India – finally asserted its Indian-ness by storming on to the center stage whether someone liked it to happen or not.. North East India has a rightful place in the Indian Union and it is time they take the rest of us Indians by the scruff of our necks.. and put us in our place! Bravo North-East!!

Prashant was all tears.. and had his mother there with him. The frenzy he created is just amazing! It is being said that after a long time he has been able to unite the Nepalese people living in India and elsewhere!

Although I still believe that Amit was a MUCH better singer – Prashant just could not go where Amit could in terms of singing. Specially after that performance of Amit’s where he sang Rabbi’s song. He was just outstanding!

Unfortunately, both the time – Indian Idol 2 and 3 (I did not see Indian Idol #1), the lesser of the two finalists won based on local votes. Just because Andhra-ites do not watch Hindi TV as much, Karunya lost to Sandeep Acharya. And the same goes here too. Karunya was ANY day the best of his lot.

And I am sure who understand music would say the same about Amit. He was a cut above the other impressive singers here on Indian Idol – Chang, Emon, and Abhishek.

As for girls, Puja was tops, then would be Deepali (close behind though). Ankita was good overall but not the best singer. She was a phenomenon! None in this ENTIRE competition could even come close to her in terms of sheer grit and imagination. In my book, Ankita was the defacto Indian Idol!

In any case, congrats to Prashant! I hope he can unite the Nepalese from here on too as he has now. Nepal needs a lot of healing! He has done both the nations proud! What I like about Prashant is his equanimity in the face of odds! He was as cool a guy as they come. He was rarely perturbed. Whether he got bad comments or good, he would just keep on going.. in his own sweet way. Untrained and not technically perfect, Prashant was still completely focused on improving in every department. Although initially he sang only one kind of songs.. he changed his styles and mixed and matched – though not always to the best results… but still he tried and stuck on.

Who do you think was the best of the lot? And Nepalese, if you are reading this – please do share your thoughts and feelings!

1. Prayash Adhikari says

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO CONGRATS PRASHANT TAMANG FOR HIS GREAT WINNING IN INDIAN IDOL 3. THIS IS REALLY THE GREAT VICTORY FOR ALL NEPALESE AND INDIAN TOO. PRASHANT REALLY PROVE THAT HE IS AN IDOL SINGER THATS WHY ALL PEOPLE LOVE HIM AND GET MAXIMUM VOTE FOR HIS TRUE SINGING. WITHOUT TRAINING OF MUSIC AND SONG HE REALLY SHOWED THE FABULOUS PERFORMNENCE & OUTSTANDING TOO. WITHOUT GOOD COMMENTS OF JUDGE HE REALLY PROVED THAT HE WAS THE BEST. HE SURVIVE IN EVERY MOMENT AND NOW BEEN HEADED TO HIS AIM WE ALL LETS CHEERS FOR HIS GREAT VICTORY. I WANT TO BEST WISHES FOR HIS FURTHER CAREER IN SINGING. PRASHANT UNITED ALL THE NEPALESE AND INDIAN SO HE IS REALLY THE GREAT NATION HERO FOREVER

2. Prayash Adhikari says

3. himalaya says

I want to extend my heartfelt congratulation to Prashant on wining the indian idol 3. With his perfect singing, a humble nature, he absolutely deserve to be an Indian idol. Moreover, he brought unification among all nepalese and indian.

4. himalaya says

7. J. Vaidya says

Congratulations Prashant and Thanks for your humble character which played a big role in uniting all Nepali in one group. And special thanks to your mother and family members who immediately put the ‘dhaka topi’ on your head which made all Nepali like me stand up with pride.

Now, in Nepal a simple people who do not involve themselves in any politics are never counted as people of Nepal. The definition of people of the country is limited to the members of the party and their cadre’s welfare only. The silent Janata of Nepal who have no time to involve in politics and have to work hard to survive and dye to see a real country-loving leaders, who give first preference to the country and their people. Prashnt Tamang, your wearing the Nepali Cap at that moment and saying thanks to people of Nepal made all simple Nepalese like me watching the television in Nepal had tears of joy. Thanks Prashant and all the people who voted for you. In Nepal the leaders seems to be shy wearing a ‘topi’ but you made us proud and made others think how much one’s own identity is important and I am sure it will make a positive impact and am hopeful that music will bring the world together someday.

It’s like a candle light in a dark room. Let’s hope for better and love the country where you belong to as well as never forget your identity too. Prashant, we wish all the best for your bright future.

Mr. Vaidya.. very nice sentiments and comments! Thanks! I think Prashant has a big responsibility on his shoulders. I am sure he is up to it.

9. J. Vaidya says

11. Gautam says

Jenny,

Excellent comment on the Identity (Nepali Cap).

12. Gautam says

Jenny,

Excellent comment on the Identity (Nepali Cap).

13. Sayuri says

Wellllllllllllllll I knew it, not because Pershant is a good singer but it happened the same last year Indian idol. Last year Karunya was THE best amongst the other and this time Amit was AMAZING and he deserved to get the crown but ……………………may be Prashant had better luck. Prashant is an amazing human being but cannot defeat Amit in singing. I am sure Amit got his way to a successful bollywood singer as he has wonderful talent and beautiful playback singer voice.

I wish good luck to Amit and congratlations to Prashant. I wish the results would based on talent but it wasn`t:-(…………………..I am sure judges won`t be happy with the decision.

Sayuri

14. Sayuri says

Sayuri

15. Laxmi says

Dear Prashant,

Congratulations for the award. I am away from home on duty and when I called my little daughter in her hostel in Kalimpong, she said “Mom tomorrow night is Indian Idol and vote for Prashant Dai”. I would have loved to do that but I did not have the facility to even watch you on television. But after hearing the results from friends, it fills me with immense happiness. I know my little one was extremely happy and I am sure so were thousands of Nepalese in the Northeast, Nepal and beyond.

And yes, you look great in the pictures with the Dhaka Topi, symbol of our pride and recognition as Nepalese, wherever we are.

Wish you a grand future ahead!

16. Laxmi says

Dear Prashant,

Wish you a grand future ahead!

17. su says

Cogratulation Prashant,
    It was true you brought unity of all peolpe,and its our pride both as Nepali and Indian, to see you reach the goal as we’re both and i wish you good luck for the future

18. su says

Cogratulation Prashant,

well, i agree that amit was better singer… but after seeing the concert shows mumbai and calcutta, if prashant gets confident and is at ease he will stand head on with amit. even in the tanhayee song sang in the final gala if u listen to it without videos, its hard to differentiate who is singing. so, i think its well deserved one, amit is an excellent singer n definitely will make his mark irrespective of the indian idol crown.

just whole nepal stood up when dhaka topi was crowned by his mother.well done prashant we are all proud of you.

22. Nirjwal says

Congrats prashant for your great acheivement we nepalese wish you all the best for your successive upcominf future.

24. Nirjwal says

25. Surya SIngh says

First of all Congratulation to Prashant Tamng for winning the II3 crown and make the Nepalese proud

In india Nepalese always humiliated and dominated by indians always even now a days also. You can see the indian movie for eg. Chak de india the gurl look nepalese director put her just for humilirated with all vulgar dailog, i born and brouht up in mumbai i always proud to be indian but i never felt that indian think that same way i keep on humiliated by them since childhood

In short Prashant Tamang gave the slap on that indians who think nepalese just for watchman, could not grown up, Hope now that indians realise and they will change there view towards Nepalese

Congratulation once again god bless you. I am sure u will bring more proud for indian in near future too !!!!!!!

26. Surya SIngh says

27. Naveed says

sir i want to join next indian idol

i am naveed from pakistan sindh Nawabshah Taluka sakrand

923013800028 its my number

Dear Naveed, we do not represent Indian Idol, so we apologize. But you may get in touch with the Sony TV in India. I am not sure how it works but it would be rather interesting to have a Pakistani fight it out as the Indian Idol! 🙂 The recent concluded Saregamapa was testimony to the fact that Pakistani singing talent is just phenomenal!! I had a special soft corner for Musarrat and Amanat.

All the best in life…