Today's Song: Khilona Jaankar by Rafi

[audio:064 KHILONA = KHILONA JANKAR.mp3]

Khilona Jaankar from the movie “Khilona” sung by Rafi (Music by Laxmikant Pyarelal & lyrics by Anand Bakshi)

Anyone who has ever liked Hindi movies would have felt rather emotional at this song and the emotive rendering on the screen by Sanjeev Kumar. He was a great actor but his outstretched hands in the song and those few notes with the voice just pluck at your heart strings.

This song is another show case of how the greatest of them all, Mohd Rafi could alter his style and voice for the actor and his situation.

Audio File: 064 KHILONA = KHILONA JANKAR.mp3

1. Nasir says

Very apt comments on Rafi Sahaab’s “Khilona…” This was easily the best song of 1970 which surprisingly did not win the then prestigious Filmfare Award.
    Rafi Sahaab’s many pauses in the lines and verses perfectly coincide with the character of Sanjeev Kumar’s mentally-challenged role.
    Nasir

2. Nasir says

Nasir

I agree Nasir! I love your site as well.. very nice concept and information. Rafi is my all time favorite.

5. Nasir says