"Tere Hundeyan Sundeyan Mehbooba" by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

[audio:03 – TERE HUNDEYAN SUNDEYAN MEHBOOBA.mp3]

This is a very important song/qawwali for me. It has always inspired me to greater thought. I think it best describes the principles of Advaita spirituality. I find it intriguing that somebody could take this advaita thought and then take to such lofty philosophical conclusions is an amazing accomplishment!

I have quoted its lines numerously:

Anhad di had disdi nahin;
had lagdi taan je main howaan.

Beautiful lines!

Audio File: 03 – TERE HUNDEYAN SUNDEYAN MEHBOOBA.mp3

1. morris says

Very Good
    Did not understand the wording. I think it is in punjbi. Is’nt it?

2. morris says

Very Good
    Did not understand the wording. I think it is in punjbi. Is’nt it?

Yes, Morris – it is in Punjabi.. Its one of the few examples of written word, where the poet has followed the thought of God as a Universal Consciousness to the logical end… amazing stuff!

5. mahi says

thanks for amazing peace within self

6. mahi says

thanks for amazing peace within self

Sure Mahi!! I love it a lot as well!

Sure Mahi!! I love it a lot as well!

9. smrr110 says

“I have quoted its lines numerously:

Anhad di had disdi nahin;
    had lagdi taan je main howaan.

Beautiful lines!”

As per my udnerstanding, it is ” Anal Haq di te hath disdi nai….hath disdi taan je main hoaan” , Anal Haq was a slogan that Mansoor Hallaj came up for himself….

But What a master piece by Nusrat Fateh, the legend!

10. smrr110 says

“I have quoted its lines numerously:

Anhad di had disdi nahin;
    had lagdi taan je main howaan.

Beautiful lines!”

But What a master piece by Nusrat Fateh, the legend!

Hi SMRR I checked – it still sounded like Anhad only..

.. you are right NFAKs qawwalis are amazing!

Hi SMRR I checked – it still sounded like Anhad only..

.. you are right NFAKs qawwalis are amazing!

13. Mahendra Singh says

Anhad- the infinite … yes it should be ANHAD, Desh…
    Hum sub ‘HADO'(limits) mein seemit bandhe baithe hain.
    Nusrat Saheb apani gayaki mein chand lamahon ke liye ANHAD se ru-baru karaa dete hain.
    Khoob.
    Mahendra

14. Mahendra Singh says

Anhad- the infinite … yes it should be ANHAD, Desh…
    Hum sub ‘HADO'(limits) mein seemit bandhe baithe hain.
    Khoob.
    Mahendra

15. Iqbal says

Really main baki sab bhool jata hun jab ise sunta hun. Can anybody send me the lyrics of this “tere hundeyan sundeyan..”

16. Iqbal says

17. Javeed says

I think what i understood by this peace is ;
    There is no limit to Allah Tallah, he is infinite and every where our eyes and mind can’t comprehend him.
    If there is any limit to GOD, he will seize to be GOD and will become Human Being as Human has limits not ALLAH …. ……
    Secondly it said in a way that Human is nothing in front of ALLAH no comparison at all.
    That’s way it says;
    Anhad di tay had disdi nahin;
    had lagdi taan je main howaan.
    Anhad di tay (limitless, infinite i.e ALLAH’s) had (Limit) disdi nahin (can’t see it, not in sight)
    Had lagdi taan (if there is any limit) je (then) main howaan (it will be me or human not Allah)

18. Javeed says

I think what i understood by this peace is ;
    That’s way it says;
    Anhad di tay had disdi nahin;
    had lagdi taan je main howaan.

19. Javeed says

I think what i understood by this peace is ;
    That’s way it says;
    Anhad di tay had disdi nahin;
    had lagdi taan je main howaan.

20. Javeed says

I think what i understood by this peace is ;
    That’s way it says;
    Anhad di tay had disdi nahin;
    had lagdi taan je main howaan.

21. Qaisar Karim Butt says

teray hundeyan sundeyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    always this Qawali remember me that i am nothing, My Allah is Greatest and we will kill over “main” so we can search Allah in our thinking, over heart, over body and in over all life. Finally I have only 4 words “Allah is Super Power”…..

22. Qaisar Karim Butt says

teray hundeyan sundeyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. nishant Kumar says

Can you please cite a source(online) or offline regarding who authored abovementioned poetry. I am being sceptical about it because the lyrics don’t seem to be Sufi in nature.