In times when everyone wants to create the next search tool – this was one search functionality that was waiting to happen in India. I think the need for it is high and with most of the booking and check-in for trains and flights being online in India.. this was the next step. Of course, when you get on to the train you can never imagine that the information infrastructure behind it could be so sophisticated!
In any case, Rediff has launched a Train Fare Search. Not only does it search the train fares but also many other things for example:
1. Checking seat availability across classes
2. Getting fares between two stations
3. Getting detailed schedule of trains with routes
4. Checking PNR status of the tickets
5. Getting a comparative view of the lowest air ticket available for the chosen rail route within the same query
6. Realtime spotting of trains to get arrival and departure status for any station
7. Booking tickets through contact details of tickets agents across cities
Since I may not be able to use this search tool right away.. can any of the readers please look up the functionality and comment on its user friendliness and accuracy?
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.