How Indian media is sold to outside influences!

I have a FIRM belief that the national media in India does not have the national interest at its heart! And in my interactions with them I was more and more convinced that a predominant number of journalists were intellectual prostitutes! In fact, once while throwing a PR party for preparation of a IPO, a journalist came to me threatening that he wanted to write a bad story on our company…. but he could be persuaded if he was paid Rs. 50,000.

Here is some stuff on different channels and media houses and where they get their money from. Quite obviously they have an inappropriate amount of coverage for Congress and the idiotic Commies!!

NDTV: A very popular TV news media is funded by Gospels of Charity in Spain Supports Communism. Recently it has developed a soft corner towards Pakistan because Pakistan President has allowed only this channel to be aired in Pakistan . Indian CEO Prannoy Roy is co-brother of Prakash Karat, General Secretary of the Communist party of India . His wife and Brinda Karat are sisters. India Today which used to be the only national weekly which supported BJP is now bought by NDTV!! Since then the tone has changed drastically and turned into Hindu bashing.

CNN-IBN: This is 100 percent funded by Southern Baptist Church with its branches in all over the world with HQ in US. The Church annually allocates $800 million for promotion of its channel. Its Indian head is Rajdeep Sardesai and his wife Sagarika Ghosh

Times group list: Times Of India , Mid-Day, Nav-Bharth Times, Stardust, Femina,

Vijay Times, Vijaya Karnataka, Times now (24- hour news channel) and many more. Times Group is owned by Bennet & Coleman. ‘World Christian Council does 80 percent of the Funding, and an Englishman and an Italian equally share balance 20 percent. The Italian Robertio Mindo is a close relative of Sonia Gandhi

Star TV: It is run by an Australian, who is supported by St. Peters Pontifical Church Melbourne.

Hindustan Times: Owned by Birla Group, but hands have changed since Shobana Bhartiya took over. Presently it is working in Collaboration with Times Group.

The Hindu: English daily, started over 125 years has been recently taken over
by Joshua Society, Berne , Switzerland . N. Ram’s wife is a Swiss national.

Indian Express: Divided into two groups. The Indian Express and new Indian Express (southern edition) ACTS Christian Ministries have major stake in the Indian Express and latter is still with the Indian counterpart.

Eeenadu: Still to date controlled by an Indian named Ramoji Rao. Ramoji Rao is connected with film industry and owns a huge studio in Andhra Pradesh.

Andhra Jyothi: The Muslim party of Hyderabad known as MIM along with a Congress Minister has purchased this Telugu daily very recently.

The Statesman: It is controlled by Communist Party of India.

Kairali TV: It is controlled by Communist party of India (Marxist)

Mathrubhoomi: Leaders of Muslim League and Communist leaders have major investment.

Asian Age and Deccan Chronicle: Is owned by a Saudi Arabian Company with its chief Editor M.J. Akbar..

Gujarat riots which took place in 2002 where Hindus were burnt alive, Rajdeep Sardesai and Bharkha Dutt working for NDTV at that time got around 5 Million Dollars from Saudi Arabia to cover only Muslim victims, which they did very faithfully… Not a single Hindu family was interviewed or shown on TV whose near and dear ones had been burnt alive, it is reported.

Tarun Tejpal of Tehelka.com regularly gets blank cheques from Arab countries to target BJP and Hindus only, it is said.

1. morris says

Inredible! You have listed at least five christian organizations. Are there any laws against media ownership by religious and/or foreign organizations?

Morris – Good point.. I have never said that our media is “ILLEGAL”. This was a mail.. and I admit it is not part of my research but one thing is certain to me that our media is anything but “honest” or even “objective”.

3. morris says

5. karthik says

Hi Desh
    is this substantiated data? I have been reading about this for quite sometime, but none have been able to give me documentary evidence to support this.

do share if you have any so that this can reach the larger audience.

Cheers
    Karthik

6. karthik says

Hi Desh

do share if you have any so that this can reach the larger audience.

Cheers
    Karthik

7. Hindu Atheist says

Nobody, not the media, nor you, or me… can EVER be completely “objective” and honesty is difficult to defend in the wake of unsubstantiated accusations such as the ones this post makes against the likes of Tarun Tejpal, Rajdeep Sardesai and Barkha Dutt.

Frankly, I have no love lost for the Indian media but I hate conspiracy theories and baseless accusations. Someone can accuse YOU of being on the rolls of the RSS or Shiv Sena and when it is done without any proof, there’s not much you can do to defend your honesty, can you? Sure you can say that you have also sometimes written against them, but then at least on a couple of occasions, these very media channels have also spoken against their so-called pay-masters.

You see the world through your lenses (biases), they probably have their own… so no point in getting into a mud-slinging fight and making baseless accusations. You try to hide by saying, this is only a mail, not my own research…but if you post it here, it becomes your own, unless you clearly state upfront that you do not agree with it.

I have said this is not my research and although I dont have complete facts on this one, I still do not agree with the names you have mentioned. I feel these guys – Barkha Dutt, Rajdeep Sardesai, and Tarun Tejpal – are as fanatical as Shive Sainiks are. I honestly feel they have harmed the cause of objectivity in Indian media.

I too dont want to discuss this and fight over it.

I too dont want to discuss this and fight over it.

12. anuagg says

Media is the greatest tool to mobilizes masses. That is why in the past and even today governments (communist countries) controlled the media. It is common for media to issue a big news headline and then withdraw it and issue a small one line apology.

India media in direct or indirect foreign control does no good for India. I read and article some years ago where the author had been to Israel. At that time Israel was at the height of the terror attacks and so was case in Kashmir. While Indian media plastered there front page with full size pictures of the victims, giving the Terrorist free terror publicity media in Israel would put this news to small item in 2nd or 3 page. The front page would have some positive news about some thing great done by someone. Basically soem positive news.

The 24hr media Channels should be totally banned and limited 2 6 or 8 15 minute news bulletins a day. All they do is create sensation from the smallest news to increase there TRP.

There is a pun on this in hindi Movie “Wednesday”. A drunkard falls in a water filed hole in Mumbai and is electrocuted from the electric pole nearby. In the first take all he says is Bahut maja ayya. Then the correspondent coaches him with all bullshit about MCD not filling pot holes etc and does another retake. I believe 90% news in India is generated like that.

13. anuagg says