25 Most Useful Twitter Applications

Twitter, as we discussed earlier is a great tool out there and its popularity seems to keep growing all the time. I have found this 25 apps, that I found most useful. I have used some and find them great (Trackthis and Xpenser are two of the best for their use!). If you have used any other apps that you have found to be really useful, please do share it with us as well!

Enjoy and manage your life with a bit of brevity as you go along.

1. Twitter search – This is the only search function actually hosted by Twitter. It’s extremely easy to use and offers comprehensive results.
  2. Twellow – An application similar to Twitter search except that you can search by categories (which makes results more targeted).
  3. TwitDir – I like TwitDir because it offers a search function and breaks Twitter users into categories like the top 100 people followed and top 100 updaters.
  4. TwitterMail: It offers basic email interface and a post to the future feature.
  5. MessageDance: integrates your Twitter mail into your MySpace, FaceBook and other social networking accounts
  6. InnerTwitter: Reminds you to stop and listen to chime to take your mind off the work and be closer to meditation.
  7. TweetStats: Graph your Twitter stats and keep in touch
  8. TweetScan: Sifts through the thousands of Tweets for search words.
  9. twitterTroll: real-time Twitter search engine
  10. GroupTweet: private message to a group of Twitter friends
  11. Hashtags: Add tags to Twitter posts
  12. SecretTweet: Tweet secretly without your name or IP Address recorded!
  13. SnapTweet: Post Flickr pictures on Twitter.
  14. TweetCube: you can Share your files via Twitter with TweetCube
  15. Twibler: automatically post your new eBay listings to your Twitter account.
  16. Twitter-Yahoo sync: Yahoo Messenger Twitter Sync Plugin
  17. Twubble: searches your friend graph and picks out people who you may like to follow.
  18. Twit+: new service that works on top of twitter that lets you twitter with pictures or video and also privately send files to your twitter friends
  19. TwitterCal: Lets you add events to your Google Calendar by tweeting.
  20. twitter100: See the tweets by all you follow on one page in a great UI
  21. Tweetburner: Tracking the links you share – how many times is it clicked on etc
  22. Commuterfeed: Share and get traffic reports tweeted by people.
  23. TrackThis: get updates of your shipment using Twitter and supports FedEx, UPS, USPS and DHL tracking codes
  24. Twitter Answers: Q&A mashup using Twitter and Mosio. It enables you to ask any question using Twitter and have it answered by real people like yourself.
  25. Xpenser: Record your expenses using Twitter through email, SMS, IM, voice, etc

Recommendation: Here is an excellent link on Squidoo with a list of over 275 apps.

1. Suresh R Iyer says

Thanks for the list of applications. But I was wondering how useful Twitter really is for someone like me (who doesn’t have 100 friends, for example). I can sense that it is something that is hot and happening and perhaps even pretty useful (reading how almost every thought leader of technology related field are addicted to it and use it for intensive sharing of info). It would be great if you can share how you use it or how one is supposed to and can use it and what are the benefits (apart from knowing Joe is eating something or he is on the way to work or whatever). I admit that I have never tried using it (or listen in to see what is going on) but my limited experiment watching http://twittervision.com/ or http://mooshup.com/services/ty… doesn’t make me believe it is pretty useful. Or is it more useful when you have a circle of friends who are also on Twitter?

2. Suresh R Iyer says

Thanks for the list of applications. But I was wondering how useful Twitter really is for someone like me (who doesn’t have 100 friends, for example). I can sense that it is something that is hot and happening and perhaps even pretty useful (reading how almost every thought leader of technology related field are addicted to it and use it for intensive sharing of info). It would be great if you can share how you use it or how one is supposed to and can use it and what are the benefits (apart from knowing Joe is eating something or he is on the way to work or whatever). I admit that I have never tried using it (or listen in to see what is going on) but my limited experiment watching http://twittervision.com/ or http://mooshup.com/services/tyrell/TwitterMap/ doesn’t make me believe it is pretty useful. Or is it more useful when you have a circle of friends who are also on Twitter?

Sure, Suresh.. I will write a post on the benefits of Twitter soon. I feel it is just amazing in how it reduces the time to desktop for any news.. and how it has increased traffic on my web site.. of people who wouldn’t have known me otherwise. Will share stuff specifically

5. Suresh R Iyer says

Desh, thanks and good to know that you would pen your thoughts soon. If in case you know of any other links that teaches the same stuff, even that would be more than enough. My problem is that though I read most of the good articles on the web, I am yet to come across something that has made me try Twitter out. Perhaps the biggest mental block might be that I might not be able to use it at work (when most of India and my friends are awake).

6. Suresh R Iyer says

7. CardenasMaude30 says

It’s cool that we can get the credit loans and this opens up new opportunities.

8. Claudine21Avila says

Don’t you remember that the custom writing service would be able to create really good analysis essays, thus do not lose your chance, buy custom essay.

9. Lowery35Marianne says

Would you like to get resume writer, that fit the range of study you prefer?. You can count on our resume writers, as you rely on yourself. Thanks because it’s the good stuff

10. masajja says

thats an exhaustive list, thanks for putting it together!

11. masajja says

thats an exhaustive list, thanks for putting it together!