Pak has survived on anti-Indian sentiment: Rice

I generally do not agree with any of George Bush’s cabinet – but in this case, I agree with Condi Rice. She wasanswering questions from the students at the Jewish Primary Day School in Washington after delivering the Yitzhak Rabin Memorial Lecture.

Rice, who had played a crucial role in defusing the tension between India and Pakistan after the Mumbai terrorist attacks, said: “You know, having been carved as it was, essentially, out of India, its identity has always been a problem and its always — not always, but some elements in Pakistan find their identity through extremism and through extreme anti-India sentiment.

“So there are some people for whom there is no positive agenda for Pakistan; it’s all about aggression,” said the former secretary of state.

Her take on India was that it did not want to be a part of the crisis that was current going on in the Af-Pak region. India, she said, is focusing on more positive things
like economic development.

I also completely agree with one of the major elements of the solution that she offered:

“I think that the only way to deal with this is — there’s a long-term problem — long-term possibility — got to deal with those madrassas and get better education for Pakistani kids,”

I think if some honest administrator came into the sub-continent, then the first thing to do is get rid of all the madrasas and provide modern and secular education for the kids of all religions. Such narrow religious instruction leave the students nowhere!

Reference Links:

1. Pak a fragile entity survival on anti-India sentiment: Rice

I agree with Rice as well, India should continue to focus on positive issues like economic development and all the fundamentalists, be it Hindus, Muslim or Christians should be EDUCATED – within or outside Madrassas. Desh, I hope you will turn to positive issues as well, rather than focusing all your efforts on spreading negativity.

And I wonder if Madrassas per se can be termed good or bad. I doubt if Dawood or Osama went to a Madrassa; I doubt if Ahmedinejad attended one… and what about our very own Osama-wannabes… do Sri Ram Sena or Shiv Sena run their own Hindu versions of Madrassas? Mayawati-Laloo-Mulayam perhaps did not attend any kind of school but what Communist Madrassas did the Left leaders attend?

India definitely needs to send the Mulayams, Mayawatis, Muthaliks, Thakres, Laloos and Paswans back to school. Unfortunately, good schooling itself does not guarantee anything… Narsimha Rao was well educated; so is Manmohan Singh… several of the jokers in the Left Front are well educated too… but neither of them is any good.

Perhaps the only good education a politician can get is through an electoral verdict and I hope all these jokers will get it in huge doses on May 16th.

Let’s stop talking OPINIONS.. let’s talk facts. What I see as positive may be “negative” to you and vice versa. So fighting over that is childish. I present facts, credible references of my sources of information and carefully argued statements based on them.

Challenge to you is to present facts, information, analysis and CITE where you got what. Characterizing what I say in your words and then spouting adjectives is an admission that you cannot debate on substance so will continue to shout homilies.

I have been very careful on this blog to back up my analysis with good and credible references, because I want my blog to be something which can enrich people’s point of view, even when they do not agree with me. My take is my own as is true of all, but I pride in my blog being a thinker’s place. I will tolerate persistently judgmental comments only to an extent. Beyond that, they will be considered SPAM.

So, next time you write.. please be nice to CITE the reference based on which you make an assertion. You can check each article of mine – and you will see in the end, I have each and every reference.. most of the time numbered and cited in the article as well.

If you cannot do that, then please excuse spamming this blog.

Thanks.

Desh, first of all, if you are asserting that referencing makes your opinions more credible, I hope you know that is crap. You selectively refer only to news that suits your opinions and ignore the rest, so dont act childish and claim to be oh-so-scientific when you make your opinionated and biased assertions.

Having said that, I agree to add references of my own as I see nothing wrong with that. Just to make the point clear that references DO NOT mean objective views because references themselves can be biased.

So here, let me start from this comment itself… what do you need a reference for? Hindu Fundamentalism…?

I am not the only one who thinks that Muthalik and his Sri Ram Sena is a piece of crap. Here is a eyewitness account of their deeds in Bangalore. This created a huge furore in India but the only reference to the entire episode on your Liberally Referenced blog was one small paragraph which was almost indifferent about what Muthalik and Sri Ram Sena did and instead criticized the women for responding with a Negative Mindset!! Is this not a case of selective referencing?

Read here about Fight Back which started as a Blog against Gender Violence but now “has recently grown a new wing – Fight-Back, No More Terrorism”

“The Indian Taliban continues to rear its ugly head – as the publicity hungry Muthalik or these barely-known local goons who recently attack a group of hardworking, successful Indian men AND women.”

If you cannot do that, then please excuse spamming this blog.

Thanks.

Oh really? Then you need to get a decent education in some place where they teach you some basics of credible writing. You obviously have never written any paper in a graduate level course!

Useful stuff is written based on credible sources of information. That is why, I cite credible news media for my information and include relevant videos, pictures and quotes from people who are important enough in that story. Quoting Petraeus from CNN is BY ANY STRETCH of imagination MORE credible than some faceless ANONYMOUS idiot making frivolous and useless statements.

Just as an example, this blog post had NOTHING to do with Muthalik.. it was about something else – but you have nothing worthwhile to comment on that topic except some communist propanganda about some overzealous idiot trying to close alcohol bars in a city! Do you want someone to buy your argument that you are even HALF serious in this discussion?? If you cannot write anything on the SUBSTANCE of the topic, then just keep SHUT!

Second, it is obvious that you have an agenda which is as fanatic as Muthalik’s and as far as I am concerned, your spamming of propaganda is really not a value add here for a serious reader.

Next time, if you do not have anything sensible to say, your comment will be sent to the spam folder immediately.