Pakistan Government could collapse within 2 weeks says Petraeus

Gen. David Petraeus, commander of US Central Command, today said in an interview that if Taliban is not defeated within the next two weeks, then the current Pakistani Government could collapse.

There is a strong indication, ostensibly, that Pakistan’s army Chief General Ashfaq Kayani may come back as the Government collapses. While the Army is trying to flush out the Taliban from the areas of Swat and Buner, the crisis has grown.

There have been riots in Karachi leaving over 35 dead between MQM followers and Pashtuns in that city. It is a direct reflection of the growing Pashtun influence in the various cities of Pakistan.

Reference Links:

1. US general says Pakistan could be just two weeks from collapse

Well done Desh, you have managed to put yourself in the same category as NDTV, Tehelka, Barkha Dutt, CNN-IBN etc etc. You did a wonderful job distorting Petraeus’ statement to mold your headline. I hope you felt ashamed for doing that, even if it was just a passing feeling that you chose to ignore…

Really? How was that? I am hoping you understand BASIC ENGLISH.. so here is what he said

“There may be just two weeks left to prevent the Taliban from overthrowing Pakistan’s government”.

Here is my humble suggestion to you – enroll in a good English class and stop making a fool of yourself in public.. will you?

Sure I could do with some English lessons since I really cannot understand what you’re trying to achieve here. This kind of sensationalism never helped anyone, I hope your motive is just to attract more eyeballs to this blog and make some money with AdSense and nothing more dangerous.

Anyway, two weeks is not a long time, we’ll see if the Pakistan government really falls or your exaggeration and propagation of stupid remarks falls flat on its face.

7. Vk says

You don’t have to read it, if it sounds sensationalist to you. But you are probably a fixated Pakistani who can’t take your eyes off this blog. 🙂

8. Vk says

Ok, so now your latest piece of wisdom is that I am a Pakistani… hahaha.

Well, I’m terribly sorry to disappoint you Desh but I am very much an Indian and very much a Hindu – so we do have something in common. Only I’m NOT a muslim-hater and Pakistan-hater like you.

And thankfully, most Indians and Hindus are more like me than you. I read this blog and respond here because I want your readers to know that you represent the views of a SMALL STUPID minority among Hindus and among Indians – a minority similar to the Jew-hating minority in Germany back in the times of Hitler; a minority similar to the Hindu and Indian hating minority in Pakistan and in the Muslim world.

Do you realize what this means? This means you are more like the very people whom you criticize and hate and less like the people you CLAIM to defend and support.

Ok, so now your latest piece of wisdom is that I am a Pakistani… hahaha.

Look whoever you are.. i don’t care a fig about it… but as I have been saying..at the very least learn some BASIC.. not complicated.. just some basic english lessons.. right? If you had been able to read a bit you would know that the writer was not me.

And second… this piece is about what Petraeus is saying.. not what I am saying. It is DAMN important.. because he is their Chief of Staff.

I know you tried to argue against the fact that Taliban is taking over Pakistan – a month earlier – on this post.. which was before Buner and Karachi.. and the targeting of Islamabad itself in some cases. Now, you might find that sensationalism .. and, as an Indian, you might think this is Pakistan-bashing.. but for me.. it is rather simple anticipating the mess before it happens. And, I am not alone in talking about Taliban’s mess in Pakistan…. some of their own analysts have started talking about it now.

If you don’t agree to this .. that’s fine.. why don’t you go and help the Sikhs in Swat for a change.. when.. and IF.. you come back alive.. we will talk more on this issue of Pakistan-Bashing. For, if you are so confident of your love for those elements in Pakistan which are surely raising their hood and are fundamentalist and terrorist… then put your money and life where your mouth is! Guess what… I will even buy your ticket to Swat. Complimentary.

On my blog… I would like to bring things that I really feel are very important and would affect the future of our country and those around us. Silence at this juncture would hurt us terribly.. heck not only us.. even the regular Pakistani citizens. That is my goal and duty to my self. If you disagree and cannot take in a bit of truth.. then nobody is really stopping you from starting your own thing..

Talking about English lessons for me, I think YOU need some BASIC lessons in simple reasoning and logic.

1. You are asking me to go and do whatever it is you think is important for the Sikhs in Pakistan. May I ask what exactly is it that you are doing about them or for anyone in India except (offering me a complimentary ticket and…) spreading hatred and fear? This is what terrorists do and I see your efforts no different from them, except that while they use weapons, you use this blog. In both cases, it is equally shameful.

2. You say you are only quoting others’ words but the way you put them here, you are endorsing those words, aren’t you? You could also say, some people think Taliban will take over Pakistan within two weeks but to any logical and sane person, these comments seem stupid, baseless and sensationalism especially considering that Pakistani forces have recently (reportedly) killed 80 Taliban militants and are driving them out of Buner district. Read here:

In the least, you could say, that what CNN is reporting here seems to contradict Petraeus’ assertion and provide a balanced view of things. But no, there’s no mention of such news on your blog. And this is not the only time you have been “selectively” quoting things that remotely support your thoughts while turning a blind eye to other facts.

When you post somebody else’s words here, use your head a bit and try to reason about what they have said and whether that makes any sense. Don’t just copy it here because it supports some stupid claims you made one month ago (which, you rightly point out, I disagreed with even then).

3. I am not asking you to be silent. Believe it or not, I even like some of the stuff you post here. What I AM asking and expecting you to do, is to get rid of all that hatred. When you do that, you will realize yourself that hate speeches and Pakistan/Muslim bashing is only going to harm both sides and you are doing exactly what the terrorists and the fundamentalists on the other side would want you to do.

I would be the first to appreciate IF you write a well balanced article here, present facts as they are (and not as you want them to be) and argue logically around them.

About starting my own blog… I have said this earlier, my purpose of posting these comments here is to make sure that the readers of YOUR blog are not mislead and therefore I will continue to comment whenever you post something that is clearly one-sided, distant from the truth, and full of hatred.

This is MY way of fighting fundamentalism and (e-) terrorism and YOU, my friend, are a fundamentalist (e-) terrorist. Like your new title? 😉

Let us discuss this as you say:

1. I have pointed to the issues going on in Pakistan and what Taliban is doing. In doing that, if it sounds sensationalist and “hatred” to you, then that’s fine with me. According to me, it is IMPERATIVE to draw the attention of the world to what is going on. If some nut thinks that is imbalanced or hatred, while in that time, those very people whom I draw attention to, go around killing, beheading and shooting ordinary people, then it stands to reason that one has extraordinary sympathy for those who are the objects of my discussion and who are spreading mayhem.

Silence at this time will be unpardonable, in my view.

When you are faced with a situation of Violent vs Victim – and you remain silent and don’t strike at the Violent but let him kill the Victim, then you may kid yourself in saying that you are practising “Non Violence” but it is called Sadism in my school. Real Non-Violence is when your not picking up arms benefits the Victims and puts the Violent in the dock.

You have, in my eyes, DELIBERATELY CHOSEN to argue for the Violent. I am, therefore, asking you to test it out…. and go to talk to him.

I consider my ability to write and analyze as my weapon and strength.. and I am using it to sensitize people. There will be critics but that is ok.

2. Petraeus said that and I DONT BELIEVE that CNN or ANYBODY has “misquoted” him. For all your vitriol, you are YET to explain how me or others have misQUOTED him?? Since you have direct access to Petraeus, which ostensibly CNN lacks, can you quote him and then explain how others have misquoted him?

And, that Pakistani forces are fighting the Taliban and killed some is one fact. To say based on that, that the Taliban are finished is naive and stupid. So, you may love to live in la-la-land, I don’t intend to jump in there. There were people who were as enthusiastic as you are about this after the US left Afghanistan to Iraq saying the war had been won. Only to realize that these guys surfaced later with more strength.

More importantly, the fighting with Taliban puts the Govt MORE at risk of being toppled by a coup.. which is what Petraeus is pointing to. I TOTALLY agree with him. The fundamentalist in the Pak Army will want to take charge. The next few weeks and months will bring to the fore this tussle.

3. You have your views and I have my views. Calling your views as “balanced” and my views as “hatred” is the sort of nonsense that I REJECT!

Until now, my analyses over the last few years have stood out to be pretty accurate… so irrespective of what you think and say, proof of the pudding is in its eating. If TRUTH hurts you.. and makes you uncomfortable.. then so be it. You personify the naivette that I intend to challenge.

And, this is the last time I am replying to you. I will tolerate your nonsense on my blog because it brings some humor and exposes the challenges that thinking world has still cope up with in the journey to save us all from the mess of terrorism…. so keep trying but don’t expect me to react any further to your nonsense.

Let us discuss this as you say:

Silence at this time will be unpardonable, in my view.

In my view, Pakistanis who hate India are not in minority. Pakistan was created based on hatred and anti-India hysteria. Pakistanis have inferiority complex, take pride in foreign invaders like Bin-kasim, Babur and Ghazni who converted them into Islam and have distorted view of history. They deny their Indus valley civilization and Budhist inheritance. Any Pakistani who disagree with muslim fundamentalists or present balanced views, is CIA, RAW and Massad’s agents, is not “True muslim” so should be killed. Does anybody get these threats in India, having different views? After listening to Pakistani media one has impression that everybody is here to destroy Pakistan in the world, haven’t heard so many conspiracy theories in my life.

Until now, Pakistanis haven’t decided what they want to be or who they are. Even Arabs have realized that living in stone ages is not solution and are developing their economies but Pakistanis want to be more Islamic than Arabs. Pakistanis think that shouting more about Islamic brotherhood and Islam, threatening Israel, US and India, naming Islamic nuclear bombs will make them true muslim. As Pakistanis don’t have confidence so to prove their existance they have to be anti-India. Their insistance to be treated equal to India in every aspect proves my point.

Until Pakistan will be in denial, will not find true purpose of their existance, they can’t live in peace with India, no matter what India does.