Dr. Louann Brizendine M.D., is a neuropsychiatrist and the author of “The Female Brain”. She has now come out with a new book “The Male Brain: A Breakthrough Understanding Of How Men And Boys Think”.
There she argues that the male species in predisposed to being obsessed with Sex. Some of her findings almost seem like cliches, so one wonders if there is some truth to the cliches or if the doc’s research was rather quacky? Some of her assertions:
- Men really are sex-crazed: The brain’s part linked to sexual pursuit is two-and-a-half times larger in males than females.
- They’re programmed to be perverse: The testosterone drives what Louann calls the “man trance” – a glazed-eye stare at breasts. She says: “I wish I could say that men can stop themselves from entering this trance. But the truth is, they can’t.”
- Men want more partners: According to the book, men want an average of 14 sexual partners in their lifetime. Women want one or two.
I am sure generalizations don’t help to understand members of any group or species. I am sure there are men who are not sex starved and there are women who are so obsessed with sex that they could leave several men exhausted.
So, her complete conclusion –
- men are obsessed with sex;
- they hide their emotions, and
So what can women do about this species?
“The best advice I have for women is make peace with the male brain. Let men be men.”
Wonder what Sandra Bullock may be thinking?