Rajya Sabha – is the House of “Elders” (I am adding quotes for a reason!) – where the members are nominated – not elected. So, it would seem we would have people:
- Who represent the common man
- Are distinguished in their own right
- Have something useful to offer to the society by way of talent and scholarship
Instead we now come to know that these are the distinguing characteristics of our “Elders”:
- Over 50% of the Rajya Sabha members are Crorepatis (multi-millionaires) [98 out of 183] with 65% Congress representatives and 53% of BJP Reps – while in Lok Sabha this percentage is 58% [315 out of 543 MPs]
- 17 percent are facing criminal charges according to their own declarations in their affidavits – Self Declared Criminals!
A country is defined by who rules it. It is shameful when those who our representatives nominate are downright criminals!
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.