Deganga in North 24 Paraganas is in a mess with looting, killing and destruction of many temples. Information from that area is being sent out in emails to people looking for help. While the national press completely blacks it out and then shows it in a way that no one can figure out the gravity of the situation.
This is what the Times of India says:
The flare-up at Deganga was sparked by a stray comment when a religious procession was passing by a disputed plot in an area with mixed demography. Officials at Writers’ Buildings said the Army had to be called out mobs rampaging through streets pelted stones at the police and could not be brought under control by personnel of the Rapid Action Force, the Central Reserve Police Force and the Border Security Force.
And this is what IBN says:
Two columns of army jawans, deployed last night to restore peace at the request of civil administration, staged flag marches this morning in some areas of Deganga after police and paramilitary failed to contain violence, police said. “Army is still at Deganga and they staged flag marches,” District Magistrate Vinod Kumar told PTI over phone. One person was killed and 25 others, including a DSP and seven policemen, were injured in the violence yesterday after several places of worship were desecrated following clashes between two groups, police said.Several houses, shops were ransacked while four vehicles and two police vans also torched.
In the above columns, what is said is not important, but what is hidden and covered is critical! Only the Daily Pioneer has some useful information:
Some people reportedly led by local ruffians — Maqbur Rehman and Mintu Sahji — attacked shops selectively and ransacked a couple of religious places, sources said, adding that a mob of about 500 persons resorted to massive stone-pelting, injuring three policemen. Officer-in-charge of Deganga, Arup Ghosh, received head injuries and suffered fracture in his hand.
District Magistrate V Kumar said precautions had been taken and curfew had been clamped in the area. Paramilitary forces had been called out to assist the RAF, sources said, refusing to give further details.
Two temples of Kartickpur and Deganga Biplabi colony were desecrated by the mob, sources said. “When we protested, they chased us with swords and hurled bombs. The police intervened but were hopelessly outnumbered,” Anil, a local who was also injured in the clashes, said.
A particular community wanted to stop the 25-year Durga Puja in the area but failed in the face of resistance from the other community, sources said, but added that in recent times the administration in its bid to woo the minorities after the 2009 General Elections “simply looked the other way leaving us at their mercy”.
And, this is what really happened:
On September 6th, in the evening after Iftar, a mob of Muslim fanatics assembled in the Deganga Mosque (Basirhat SD, North 24 Parganas) and marched to several Hindu areas. There they started widecsale looting and ransacking of Hindu shops and Hindu temples. They targeted Hindus and severely beat up many residents in the area as well as torched 4 public buses. Shani Temple of Kartickpur and Kali Temple of Deganga Biplabi Colony have been desecrated and ransacked by the rioting Muslims.
The life from Berachapa to Kadamgachi has been frozen.
The issue started because Muslims, in an attempt to stop the Durga Puja during the Ramadan period, started digging up the passage of Durba bari temple, right besides Deganga Police Station in Chattal Pally village. Chattal Pally and Deganga P.S. come under the district of North 24 Parganas, and its Parliamentary constituency is Basirhat. Hazi Nurul Islam of T.M.C. is the MP.
When Hindus objected to the digging of the passage to Durga Bari temple, Muslim mob gathered and started rioting. In the evening, after Iftaar, the Muslim mob targeted the Hindus in the markets of markets of Beliaghata, Deganga and Kartickpur.
The Rapid Action force and Army has been called in, but so far they have been ineffective in doing much. The Muslim fanatic mobs had guns and swords openly being used.
At the bottom, one can see a portion of discussion going on at Twitter on this topic.
If in Pakistan – an Islamic state – if Muslims cannot respect their own during their own “Holy month”, and Ramadan means a time to kill and cause mayhem, as is seen from Iran to Iraq to Pakistan – then expecting any sense to prevail in India is useless.
However, one has to stand straight and QUESTION such fanaticism. And not take it as a matter of fact. This nonsense has to stop and SHOULD! I do believe that unless the Islamic ideology and its baseless insistence on “Muslims being victims” (while they openly massacre everyone else) is not challenged, things cannot change!
And NO, it is NOT a minority of Muslims who are fanatics. In fact the truth is reverse. Only handful of Muslims are sensible. All one needed to test this thing out was to look at the processions and the response all over the world during the Mohammad Cartoons time and the posters being carried along with the calls made by “ordinary peace-loving people”! If one took a survey – which is not really possible, then I can bet that only upto 5% of the entire Muslims population would have considered it ok to disregard the cartoons and ask the basic question “What is so great about drawing up someone?”. What use is such dogmatic mindset? Why should someone be targeted because of such nonsensical dogmas?
The people rioting in Deganga are not some Mullahs either! They are common people fired by an ideology that says “its great to destroy someone’s worshipping place and build your own on it” for that is what Kabba is anyways! It was a Pagan temple destroyed by Mohammad’s band of goons who built their own mosque on top of it and called all the Pagans as kafirs and sub-human!
Such nonsense needs to be protested HEAD ON!
• @vsengupta Waiting for further reports. Lead PTI story says flag march by Army. less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck in reply to vsengupta
• @Vivek_Jacob You got a problem with the truth? Don’t bring it to me. Solve it elsewhere. less than a minute ago via TweetDeck in reply to Vivek_Jacob
• @vsengupta We could of course say offended by some church in Florida, Muslims run riot in Deganga. That would be so pc. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to vsengupta
• @AmritHallan Yes, right now. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to AmritHallan
• @vsengupta Curfew clamped. Army called in. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to vsengupta
• @vsengupta Muslims led by Mamata’s MP Hazi Nurul Islam dug up access road to Durgabari. When Hindus protested, HNI and his men ran amok. 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to vsengupta
• We could rationalise ongoing riot in Deganga and desecration of temples by mobs led by Mamata’s MP Hazi Nurul Islam as response to Florida. 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck
• @vsengupta Perhaps events closer home, for example in Deganga, merit greater scrutiny/comment/condemnation than something in Florida? 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to vsengupta
• Curfew clamped on Deganga, Army deployed. Violence continues. Latest report say Hindus are fleeing their homes. 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck
• Hindu shops looted, Hindu homes set on fire. Temples desecrated. Trinamool Congress MP Hazi Nurul Islam leading mobs baying for blood. 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck
• And what shall we blame this on? Sohrabuddin ‘false encounter’ case? Muslims run riot in Deganga, N 24 Parganas, West Bengal. 14 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.