Steven Covey who authored the book, “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” passed away today. He was suffering from the injuries he sustained from a bike fall in April this year.
He died in Idaho Falls, Idaho. He had a B.S. in business administration from the University of Utah, an MBA from Harvard University, and a Doctor of Religious Education (DRE) from Brigham Young University.
His book had become probably the most important book in an entire generation for personal development and many people, including me, have benefited from its use. His method was to get to the basics of the person – in a material way though – and try and change yourself. Quite a change from the earlier personal development staples like those from Dale Carnegie.
He was a very religious person. A practicing member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
His books included:
- Spiritual Roots of Human Relations (1970) (ISBN 0-87579-705-9)
- The Divine Center (1982) (ISBN 1-59038-404-0)
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (1989, 2004) (ISBN 0-671-70863-5)
- Principle Centered Leadership (1990) (ISBN 0-671-79280-6)
- First Things First, co-authored with Roger and Rebecca Merrill (1994) (ISBN 0-684-80203-1)
- Living the Seven Habits (2000) (ISBN 0-684-85716-2)
- 6 Events: The Restoration Model for Solving Life’s Problems (2004) (ISBN 1-57345-187-8)
- The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness (2004) (ISBN 0-684-84665-9)
- Quest: The Spiritual Path to Success by Stephen R. Covey (Editor) (1997), with Thomas Moore, Mark Victor Hansen, David Whyte, Bernie Siegel, Gabrielle Roth and Marianne Williamson. Simon & Schuster AudioBook ISBN 978-0-671-57484-0
- The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One Child At a Time (2008) (ISBN 1-43910-326-7)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Network Marketing Professionals (2009) (ISBN 978-1-933057-78-1)
- The 3rd Alternative: Solving Life’s Most Difficult Problems (2011) (ISBN 978-1451626261)
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.