When pop morality defines your spirituality, then your access to god could become a sham for you at best and a tragedy for another.
People go to Ajmer, Pushkar and other pilgrimages, give alms to beggars and somehow believe they have gained the goodness of divinity and now all their sins are gone!
Begging in Ajmer is a Rs. 10 crores business. In a 15 day Urs at the Khwaja Garib Nawaz Dargah, the total earning amount to USD 2.2 million… that’s a cool about $150k a day!!
- Only 3 people have won medals in both Winter and Summer Olympics: Eddie Eagan, USA; Jacob Thames, Normay; and Christa Luding-Rothenburger**, Germany (she is the only one to have done it in the same year!)
- 7000 tons of used currency is shred in the US annually.
- Galileo had become totally blind before his death
- Our eyes remain the same size from the day we were born to the our adulthood.
- Europe is the only continent without a desert
Some of the top ways to tick people off and make them really mad. Either some people do not realize or just don’t care.
1. Leave the copy machine set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 99 copies.
2. In the memo field of all your checks, write “for sexual favors.”
3. Specify that your drive-through order is “TO-GO.”
4. If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.
5. Stomp on little plastic ketchup packets.
6. Insist on keeping your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions “to keep them tuned up.”
7. Reply to everything someone says with “that’s what you think.”
8. Practice making fax and modem noises.
9. Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and “cc” them to your boss.
10. Make beeping noises when a large person backs up.
11. Finish all your sentences with the words “in accordance with prophesy.”
12. Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears and grimacing.
13. Disassemble your pen and “accidentally” flip the ink cartridge across the room.
14. Holler random numbers while someone is counting.
15. Adjust the tint on your TV so that all the people are green, and insist to others that you “like it that way.”
16. Staple pages in the middle of the page.
17. Publicly investigate just how slowly you can make a croaking noise.
18. Honk and wave to strangers.
19. Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints at the cash register.
20. TYPE IN UPPERCASE.
21. type only in lowercase.
I was at a doctor’s office today. A very old couple came trudging along. The wife looked exceptionally old – and was fragile. I got my check up done and was waiting for another round when they came and sat next to me.
A lady was sitting in front of us with her mother. The couple and that lady started talking. During the converstaion, the lady abruptly asked “like how long have you been married?” with the expectation that they had been married for so many years… and were still together.
“10 years”, the old lady said.
“Oh.. ” the lady gulped.
“My husband had died after a 36 year old marriage and his wife had also died”.
“So, how long had you known each other?” asked the lady in front of us.
Rising food price is an issue? So, how about a miniature cow? A cow the size of a German Shepherd (~39 in), gives 16 pints of milk a day… mows your lawn and for the meat eaters gives 70% of the steak of a cow twice its size? There are some options:
– Dexter is a mountain breed from Ireland.
– Mini-Hereford and Lowline Angus – are artificially created breeds
Dexter originated in 1800s as a cottager’s cow – producing enough milk for a house and a calf a year. When the new calf comes – the mother was sent to the slaughter house for meat. So it was a complete package.
A desire for organic food, fuelled by health concerns over factory farming and soaring food prices, means that many people now see growing their own food as a viable alternative. As many as 2% of households are now estimated to have their own fresh supply of eggs. In the last year food prices have increased by a record 13.7%. The cost of meat has risen 16.3%, while milk, cheese and eggs rose by 19%, according to figures released by the Office for National Statistics last month.
Actually, these breeds could be an excellent option for India as well. Create small cows and make it cheap enough for every family in the villages to have one. In fact instead of dumping unlimited money big employment schemes with no results, the Government should just donate a cow each in every village – a living asset that can give them food for ages!
This is from the island of Saint-Barthélemy, or St Barts, in the French West Indies… the clearance is about 20ft. Even the scooter riders duck down… Only two fatal accidents have happened in all these years despite the this close situation.
Now, this is the freakiest show of nature’s prowess that I have seen! I am not sure what went “wrong” in this case, but this bitch gave birth to this baby that looks more human than a dog! It is defintely a “mutant” animal… but the resemblance is so amazing to a human being that it makes you wonder! Was THIS the evolution that Darwin talked about? Well, in this case, I could not find out the element of “competition” involved here.. but oh well! The complete set of pictures are here in this album.. but this is how the baby/pup looks like:
Either you need to be really strong or be completely idiot to do such a thing…
The image above is completely real – the photograph was taken in Lysefjorden, Norway.
A southern Illinois firefighter, Dave Chambers, yesterday went above and beyond his call of duty and gave mouth-mouth resuscitation after the house caught fire and he found the cat not breathing.
A southern Illinois firefighter is proof that saving lives doesn’t just involve people. Firefighter Dave Chambers helped rescue several animals during a house fire last week, including a kitten that wasn’t breathing when it was carried out of the home.
Chambers performed mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the cat. He said the cat came out of it and, perhaps as a show of gratitude, jumped on his lap and started purring.
It’s not the first time Chambers has done such a thing. Nearly a year ago, he was recognized for doing rescue breathing on a dog.
Its not as if the animal kingdom will just take charity from their human brethren! A parrot gave one back to the humans when he alerted a family of the fire by imitating a smoke alarm!