Pakistan has been badly stung after the Surgical Strikes by India in PoK and it is running around like a mad dog trying to see whom it can spit its story at to make them believe in them! In a smeeting in an interaction by Atlantic Council, Pakistani Senate’s Defence Committee chairman Mushahid Hussain was trying to peddle Pakistani lies. Senge Hasnan Sering, the Director of the Gilgit-Baltistan National Congress, ripped Hussain apart on his lies! Here is what he said:
You occupy one-third of Kashmir, and an occupier cannot be a friend of Kashmir on the other side. You have been exploiting resources in Gilgit-Baltistan. Without paying royalty or compensation, a single penny for the last 70 years, I call you a thief in Gilgit-Baltistan and a thief in Gilgit-Baltistan cannot be a friend in Jammu and Kashmir. The only thing that is good is that the Pakistani Army wants to maintain a status quo because that is a money making machine in Kashmir.
Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir is not legally a part of Pakistan’s. It has been occupied by Pakistan!
If you want to read the entire detailed account of what happened during that time, please read this article – Definitive story of Kashmir. For a recap, here is the sequence of events that happened during that time!
- British left the decision of accession to India or Pakistan or being independent on the monarchs of the 565 princely states.
- Kashmir’s King decided to remain independent.
- On Aug 12 1947, Prime Minister of Kashmir, RC Kak requested both India and Pakistan for a “Standstill Agreement”.
- Pakistan agreed to sign the Standstill Agreement, which it did, while India wanted further negotiations. So Pakistan recognized the independent status of Kashmir categorically!
- In the UN resolutions pertaining to Kashmir, the final resolution of August 13, 1947 stated that once the Part i and Part II were executed – only and only then the plebiscite could take place in the WHOLE of Kashmir.
- The UN resolution for plebiscite was rendered void once the Karakoram area was transferred by Pakistan to China, thus changing the ownership and the situation of a third of Kashmir irrevocably.
More and more such indigenous activists from Kashmir need to come out in order to expose the truth of Kashmir … and the utter shameful lies of Pakistan!
Get Drishtikone's Profound Fix
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.