What should the CIO’s be doing? Here is something from the Gartner as reported by techtarget
McDonald said business intelligence and security were the areas in which CIOs reported the most spending in 2005. Because IT has extended to the front office, CIOs must be concerned with security and risk throughout the company, he said.
Gartner outlined six priorities for CIOs:
* Keep tight control over IS.
* Create a stable core of IT services.
* Manage the CEO-CIO relationship.
* Pay attention to security and risk.
* Build a business process capability.
* Get the right information to decision makers.
“For every project, you want to talk about how that business will be better once that project is over,” McDonald said. “It’s a really simple thing to do, and that’s what’s really cool about it.”
Get Drishtikone Updates
in your inbox
Subscribe to Drishtikone updates and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.